With limited server space and the need to better manage our carbon footprint, we cannot accumulate volumes of media. As end of term approaches, it is time to start pruning your Collaborate and Kaltura media collections.
- At end of term, delete Collaborate recordings from your courses.
- If there are specific recordings you want to keep, you can download them and upload them to Kaltura MyMedia for future re-use.
- Revisit courses from past terms and delete those historical recordings.
- Go through your MyMedia account and delete copied or duplicate videos that you have created or uploaded but don’t need.
- Delete any single use videos that you do not plan to use again.
- Encourage your students to delete any videos created for the course that they won’t need in the future.
Camosun is working on a more formal data retention plan to help manage the growing volume of media. In the meantime, it is good practice to get in the habit of cleaning out your media at end of term or making it part of your annual SD plans. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.